Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Etc.

In preparation for the 2008 Chicago Open, I am thinking of joining the Errant Knights. There are 164 days before tournament, so that should give me enough time. I plan to start on Dec. 10th.

My next tournament is the Wisconsin Memorial Dec. 8-9. My goal is to score 4/5 (Same score as last year) Actually 3.5/4, since I usually take a bye on the first day since it's a bit ridiculous to play 3 games with a time control of 45/2;25/1;SD/1 in one day. Yes, that's right, up to 24 hours of chess in one day! Some of these Wisconsin tournaments are probably the only ones with adjournments. Last year I had the misfortune of having my first 2 rounds adjourned. I had taken a 3rd round bye, but had to come back after the 3rd round to complete the adjournments. Needless to say the games went on until early the next day.

On a side note there is an interesting race for the Wisconsin Tour A Class. This is the last event of the 2007 tour.

CLASS A
347.53 WIJETUNGE, IVAN
342.22 PARKER, ANTHONY
318.91 NIETMAN, MIKE

4 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the kind of tactical training the Knights Errants encourage. If you can also read some positional books like "Reassess Your Chess" to go along with it, you'll be way ahead of the game. Also, make sure to look up your openings after playing blitz on ICC/FICS, it's the best way to turn blitz into something useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome if you decide to join the knights Errant. Just send me a mail at secretary dot knight at yahoo dot com. Keep up the good work!

    Friendly regards

    Samurai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello B.B.

    Thanks for your input. I have added your site to my links.

    ReplyDelete