Thursday, December 04, 2014

5th Annual Austin Chess Club Championship
Jan. 2-4 or 3-4

I performed below par.  Looking at the pre-entries, I was excited about playing a master in the first round.  I even did some research on likely 1st round opponents.

But they used accelerated pairings and I was paired down the 1st 2 rounds.  I only managed 2 draws against players rated around 1800.


I finally got the chance to play a master in round 3.  Liu, Bovey who is ranked #8 in Top age 13 list.


I had a wonderful chance to put him away with 32...f5, but bad time-management did not leave me with much time at this stage.


Due to family obligations, I could not play the last 2 rounds.





USCF Results

Prize winners





YearWinner(s)Players
2015 FM RUIFENG LI, MBUGUA GITHORO 166
2014 FM RUIFENG LI 152
2013  ALEXANDER CHUA 137
2012
GM TIMUR GAREYEV 141
2011 IM GORAN VOJINOVIC 135

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it will break 150!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IM Goran Vojinovic has a daughter, WGM Jovana Vojinovic, a feisty young lady, determined not to have such a great last name go to waste. Maybe she will show up to continue the Vojinovic dynasty at the Austin Chess Club Championship!

    ReplyDelete