Sunday, November 07, 2010

BBQ III

I clearly was not playing well yesterday, missing many things I would normally see.  I went 3-1.  I lost to  Christian Leos, who tied for first and will see a big rating jump.

I think I equalized easily, then made a mistake that gave White the advantage. White didn't make the best of it and we got to this position. Here I could have forced a draw with Rc8 (Qxa6 Ra8)

But I blundered horribly and played Qc8.  I had a losing position the rest of the game, but with 46 seconds left on my clock got a winning position, only to blunder a rook!.

Click here for cross-table.

1 comment:

  1. The Ba3 possibility before castling there looks rather scary, and being down a pawn.

    "but with 46 seconds left on my clock got a winning position, only to blunder a rook!."

    But this is a far worse mistake. Actually, this is a worse mistake than losing the game, IMHO. Losing on the board assumes that your opponent earned it, but losing on the clock is like allowing an unearned run, except worse.

    Sounds like you did really well in the tournament as a whole, though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete