Saturday, June 10, 2006

Getting to 2000 (USCF)

Greetings. I set this Blog to chart my progress. (Or lack there of). My goal is to get my rating to 2000 by the February 2007 rating supplement. That would include games completed by December 2006

Thanks to a decent(tied for 3rd) performance in the under 1800 section of the FIRST ANNUAL HB GLOBAL CHESS C (MN), I have a 1800 floor. (My Report)

In the summer of 2005, I got my rating upto 1880, but since then I have had many a bad result, and if not for my floor I would probably be rated 1600 right now.

I also plan to get in good physical condition and relearn how to play the violin. They should both have a positive effect on my goal.

I plan to play a lot and study. Mainly tactics and end games. I also plan to analyse my games a lot more. (before I analyse using Fritz)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog has inspired me to do the same as you: Get to 2000 USCF.
    I'm at 1802 (floor is 1600).

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete