GERGELY ANTAL Wins clear first in the Open with 6 points.
PHUNG N NGUYEN Wins the Under 2000 with 7-0.[Phung has a FIDE rating of 2123]
He started the tournament with a provisional rating of 1803 and finished with
a established rating of 1999! Look for Phung in a big money under 2000 event.
10/19/2009 Update :
Phung beats a master and 2 experts at the Lone Star Open : Click here
I finished with 3-0=3 (Not so good since I was paired down in every game.)
- Draw vs Mark Marshall (1599) In a clearly drawn position I tried too hard and was losing, but managed to draw.
- Win vs Richard Herrington (1440)
- Draw vs Victoria Zhang(1726) I got to a rook and pawn ending, up a pawn with very good winning chances, but only manged a draw.
- Win vs Suchinder Kalyan(1696)
- Win vs Alfredo Garcia(1663)
- Draw vs James Ukoli (1860)
Since I had a last round bye I had to win my 6th round game to finish in the money. I reached the following position as Black with White to play and agreed to a draw since I was in a little bit of time trouble. But I should have played to the bitter end à la Nakamura. I gained one rating point to end up at 1889.
10/1/2009 Update : I was pleasantly surprised to receive a check for $31.00 , I did finish in the money!
2009 Ft. Worth 49+82+29 = 160 (Particpants Open+Reserve+Novice)
Open: G ANTAL
Reserve: P NGUYEN
2008 Houston 62+94 = 156 (Particpants Open+Reserve)
Open: A RAMIREZ, J STOPA, P WANG, S BERCYS
Reserve: E LU
2007 Brownsville 43+33 = 76
Open: A BACHMANN, S BERCYS, A ALMEIDA, D FERNANDEZ, T VEDRICKAS
Reserve: V FLORES
2006 Ft. Worth 42+105 = 126
Open: D BOSKOVIC
Reserve : T GWAZE
2005 Dallas 55+101 = 156
Open: M ZIVANIC, J BRADFORD
Reserve : J CRAWFORD, F BRACK, K WANG