Saturday, September 23, 2006

Greg Knutson Memorial - Sep 23-23

Top seeds :

1) ALEXANDER BETANELI 2280
2) JOSEPH P RICHARDS 2036
3) LUO, BRIAN J 1972

Two of the nations top juniors are here.
Velikanov the nations #2 eight year old.
Luo the nations #1 nine year old.

Betaneli vs Luo in round 5 (Betaneli won)








"I am impressed to see kids like Ray Robson, Daniel Naroditsky and Brian Lou. All of them have the potential to become not only strong, but leading American grandmasters....."

-Gary Kasparov (page 39 September 2006 Chess Life)

Velikanov has a +1-0=1 record against Luo.

Touranament results

Cardenas, Jayne,new comer Zeeshaun and I made the trip from Milwaukee

Round 2
me vs Betaneli loss
I had a great game against Betaneli, but it came at a cost; bad time management. I made a critical error right before time control. But I was happy with way I played upto then.

4 comments:

  1. IVAN YOU ROCK! Thanks for the updates, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan why are you playing for a draw in the position vs Betaneli? That is why you lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to make the time control at move 45, and I knew that Betaneli would not go for the draw.

    ReplyDelete