Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all. I hope that the new year brings you lots of chess knowledge/rating points.
I finished 2007 with 2 personal bests:
Highest rating : 1890
Highest Published rating: 1890 (Feb 2008)
These are my 2008 resolutions that I hope will push me over 2000 in 2008:
1) Average 7 hrs of sleep a night
2) Average 30 min of cadio. per day and 2-3 days of strength training per week.
3) Drink more water (64 oz/day) and eat healthy.
4) Average 50 CTS problems per day
5) Repeat the ~1200 CT-ART 3.0 problems 7 times (Errant Knights)
6) Create a binder of positions in which I missed the best move, print them out, and solve them regularly. (See comments by A. Vaja in this entry)
7) Read the following books:
Tal's Winning Chess Combinations
Art of Attack in Chess by Vladmir Vukovic
The Life and games of Mikail Tal
8) Play 5-10 rated games a month